Note: Content of this page is not being maintained. For current information, please see our new site at Meetings.
The December meeting will be our end-of-the-year potluck holiday party held on Monday, December 12th.
Holiday Party in December
Join us Monday, December 12, for our December potluck holiday party to mark the end of another successful year in the life of the Guild. Note this is the second Monday of December, an adjustment from our usual schedule.
Registration begins at 6:30, a short business meeting at 6:45, with celebrations to follow. Copies of the 2016 edition of The Guilded Pen, the Guild’s anthology will be available for sale at $15.00. Limited numbers of earlier editions will also be available for purchase.
Members who have recently had a book published are invited to bring a copy as a possible door prize.
There will be no Marketing Support Group meeting in December.
Tentative future programs planned for 2017 include the following:
- January 23 – Christina Alexander, romance writer with experience working in a coroner’s office
- February 27 – Diane Hinds on the entire process of getting a book launched. PR and top tips for social media.
- March 27 – Mark Reichenthal speaking on Authors contracts with publishers, agents, and publicists.
- April 24 – TBD
- May 22 – Jeniffer Thompson, Monkey C Media, topic to be chosen
- June 26 – Jonathan Maberry, award-winning author of middle grade, young adult, and adult novels in horror and thriller genres [invited, tentative]
- July 24 – Open mic night
- August 28 – Fawzia Burke, online publicity, social media, and website development
- September 25 – TBD
- October 23 – TBD
- November 27 – launch of 6th edition of Anthology
- December (date tbd) – Holiday party