Who We Are . . .
We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same. Our mission: promote, support and encourage the writing arts for adults and youth.
Founded in 1979 as a non-profit, the Guild is believed to be the oldest writer organization in the region.
Benefits of Membership
- Attendance at monthly Guild meetings at no charge;
- Monthly Guild newsletter;
- Periodic email newsletter;
- Reduced fees for Guild-sponsored workshops;
- Network with other members;
- Access to critique groups;
- Listing in the annual directory (distributed to members only);
- A discount on workshops, seminars as prescribed by the Board of Directors;
- Opportunity to participate in the manuscript review program, for which a fee is charged;
- The privilege of displaying and selling your own work at all meetings;
- Opportunity to submit work for publishing in The Guilded Pen anthology;
- Opportunity to market your self and your work with a listing in the Speakers Bureau;
- Opportunity to have a listing on the Members’ Works page, which benefits both you and the Guild;
- Opportunity to borrow references from other members found on the Virtual Library (and share your own if you would like to list any you would be willing to loan); and
- Participation in the monthly Marketing Support Group.
Thanks to the founders, since the winter of 1979 the San Diego Writers/Editors Guild has provided a place to relieve the feelings Hemingway expressed when he remarked, “Writing is a lonely occupation. In doing so the Guild has proudly played an important role as part of the San Diego writing scene. People from all over the region come in search of support and to share their talents… more…