SUBMIT NOW! Every year The Masters Review opens submissions to produce our anthology, a collection of ten stories written by the best emerging writers. Our aim is showcase ten writers who we believe will continue to produce great work. Ten winners are nationally distributed in a printed book with their stories and essays exposed to top agents, editors, and authors across the country. This collection serves as a major endorsement for new writers. Submit today!
“I read your issues like clockwork! I’m a literary agent, and there’s such a great cast of emerging writers on this site that I’m always checking in to see if there’s anyone who might be looking for representation for longer form work.” –VICTORIA MARINI, GELFMAN SCHNEIDER / ICM PARTNERS
- fiction and narrative nonfiction
- 7000 word count maximum
- international submissions allowed
- simultaneous and multiple submissions are allowed, but please inform us if your story has been accepted elsewhere
- previously unpublished work only
- emerging writers only: cannot have a novel published at the time of submission (self-published authors and writers with published story collections are free to submit. Authors with a contract for a novel are also free to submit.)
- $20 reading fee per story
THE SHORTLIST WILL BE ANNOUNCED APRIL 15. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY MAY 15. TO SUBMIT A STORY, CLICK THE LINK BELOW.