The San Diego Writers/Editors Guild website is moving. Please select this link–http://sdwritersguild.org–to reach the new site. If instead you are redirected back to this site, try again tomorrow. We appreciate your patience as we figure out how all the moving pieces will fall into place.
We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same since 1979. Please join us at our regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Guests are welcome to attend. A $5 donation is requested.
Holiday Party in December
Join us Monday, December 12, for our December potluck holiday party to mark the end of another successful year in the life of the Guild. Note this is the second Monday of December, an adjustment from our usual schedule.
Registration begins at 6:30, a short business meeting at 6:45, with celebrations to follow. Copies of the 2016 edition of The Guilded Pen, the Guild’s anthology will be available for sale at $15.00. Limited numbers of earlier editions will also be available for purchase.
Members who have recently had a book published are invited to bring a copy as a possible door prize.
There will be no Marketing Support Group meeting in December.
We meet at the San Diego County Health Services Center, 3851 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92110.
Launch Party for 2016 Edition of The Guilded Pen in November
On Monday, November 28, the Guild unveiled the cover and launched sales of the fifth edition of The Guilded Pen, an anthology of the works of members of the Guild.
Copies of The Guilded Pen will be on sale for $15.00 per copy at all future meetings. Payment may be by cash, check, or credit card. If paying by cash, please bring exact change.
Or order directly from the Guild by clicking on the image at the right.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Speakers Bureau – professionals are available for presentations to groups in San Diego County. Topics include creative and non-fiction writing and marketing published work.
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild’s Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Current calendar of local literary community activities and events.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.